BOSTON – The Women’s Football Alliance is proud to announce that Boston Renegades quarterback Allison Cahill has become the first quarterback to reach 100 career victories playing exclusively in women’s tackle football leagues.
After Saturday’s win over Pittsburgh, the Boston Renegades celebrated not only a great team victory, but Allison Cahill’s 100th career victory as a starting quarterback. The first quarterback to reach this milestone playing for women’s football teams, Cahill joins several players from the game’s rich history who have collected 100 victories on the gridiron. It is fulfilling to see that the tradition of women’s football deepens with every game that is played.
“It is not something I can take personal credit for,” said Cahill. “I literally can’t do anything without my teammates. We’ve had great coaches, great teams, and great organizations whose work together culminated in reaching this milestone. It speaks to the tradition of Boston Women’s Football; it means a lot because it is something we all can share and take pride in.”
ABOUT ALLISON CAHILL:
- Allison Cahill is the first person to have won 100 games as a starting quarterback playing exclusively in adult women’s semi-pro tackle football leagues.
- The 100-victory marker includes regular-season and playoff games. A season in women’s football is typically comprised of eight regular season games and no more than four playoff games.
- Cahill plays for the Boston Renegades of the Women’s Football Alliance (WFA)
- Cahill previously played for the New England Storm of the Women’s Professional Football League (WPFL) in 2003, the Massachusetts Mutiny of the National Women’s Football Association (NWFA) from 2005-2007, and the Boston Militia of the Independent Women’s Football League (IWFL) and the WFA from 2008-2014.
- Cahill marshalled the Boston Militia to three national titles in 2010, 2011 and 2014.
- Cahill has played 13 seasons of women’s semi-professional football, missing only one game in her rookie season.
- Cahill hails from Uxbridge, Mass., and attended Princeton University.
ABOUT THE WOMEN’S FOOTBALL ALLIANCE: The Women’s Football Alliance (WFA) is a national football league for women headquartered in Exeter, Calif. The WFA is the premier league for women’s tackle football offering the highest level of competition in the world.
ABOUT THE BOSTON RENEGADES: The Boston Renegades are a full contact, professional women’s football team, competing in the Women’s Football Alliance (WFA), the premier league for women’s football in the United States. For more information: bostonrenegadesfootball.com